National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The NEET (UG) will be conducted on May FIRST SUNDAY(TENTATIVELY) EVERY YEAR, The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank merit list” to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
Important Information And Dates At A Glance
(Please Refer Information Bulletin For Details)
1. Schedule for submission of application form, fee details and important dates:
* Other Backward Classes (OBC)-Non Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC- Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in). Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column.
State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC (Central List) must choose Unreserved.
2. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) – 2019 only through Online mode.
3. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
4. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website www.nta.ac.in /www.ntaneet.nic.inonly.
5. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be disqualified.
6. Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form :
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through the bank as per details are given in Chapter – 4, (mode of submission of Application Form and payment of fee) and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee. Ï All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.